British Shooting is committed to equality and valuing diversity within both the sport and our workforce.
Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day-to-day working practices with colleagues, partners, coaches, volunteers, athletes and other stakeholders.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
• Promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work and with all our partners and workforce
• Promoting diversity of thinking and addressing under representation on our Board through open, competence based and proactive recruitment practices and policies
• Treating our stakeholders, partners and colleagues fairly and with respect
• Promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment, and tackling behaviour which breaches this
• Recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that people make
• Providing support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contributions to the organisation through the enhancement of their skills and abilities
• Building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our service delivery and employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance
Day to day responsibility for equality and monitoring progress against the commitments outlined above will sit with the Head of Engagement, supported by the Board Equality Champion and CEO. Progress will be reported to the Board with key achievements noted on this page.
A copy of British Shooting’s Equality Policy and related policies can be found below, as can current action plans we are working towards.