British Shooting is delighted to be working with Disability Shooting Great Britain (DSGB) to further develop the already established Disability Hub Club scheme.
The aim of the of the scheme is to develop a network of clubs with the twofold ambition of growing the numbers of disabled people enjoying our sport and creating better linkage between the clubs themselves and the World Class Performance Programme delivered by DSGB from their base at Stoke Mandeville.
In essence the aim is;
1. To provide a way of recognising the clubs, coaches and volunteers that already do so much to make the sport accessible and to provide opportunities for people to participate at a level that meets their needs.
2. To enable disabled people and organisations to identify those clubs best able to cater for them
3. To help the shooting governing bodies to better target resources and support to both the clubs, their coaches and members
4. To help develop the talent and competition pathways for disabled shooters
5. To provide an environment to develop and nurture talent that has direct links with Disability Shooting Great Britain and Paralympic shooting.
For current clubs and those signing up to the scheme before 31st March 2017:
We are also pleased to announce a £500 bursary has been made available for the first 20 clubs, on a first come first served basis.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on eligibility and any other questions you may have relating to the scheme itself.