A talent development day is an opportunity for British Shooting coaches to observe potential athletes and gauge their suitability for the Pathway. Athletes will be assessed on both current performance and future potential. A place on the British Shooting Pathway will be offered to those athletes demonstrating the necessary commitment.
Who can attend a Talent Development Day?
- Anyone aged 12 to 32 (Although not usual to have athletes outside these ranges attend).
- Anyone with a passion to develop their performance in the ISSF shotgun disciplines.
- Anyone with a minimum of 12 months shooting experience.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Good basic gun handling skills.
- A passion for clay target shooting.
What happens on a Talent Development Day?
- An assessment of your shooting skills.
- An assessment of your ability to be coached and ability to reflect on your shooting.
- A discussion with the coaches about your shooting and your goals.
Where do Talent Development Days take place?
Talent development days will take place at British Shooting Talent hubs which typically host Regional Shotgun School and GB Talent Programme training; the sites include Doveridge Clays Sports Club, Beverley Clay Target Shooting Centre and Nuthamsptead Shooting Ground.
When are the next Talent Development Days?
Click here to find out when the next Talent Development Days are taking place
How do I sign up to a Talent Development Day?
How much does it costs to attend a Talent Development Day?
Typically, it costs £30 per session which includes clays and coaching fees.